Friday 3 May 2013

Stepping it up

Into the last few weeks now, it's Friday 3rd May and we are into the month where it all happens.

The 50 mile cycletta is on the 12th, that is a week on Sunday! It's getting close now.

And that means two weeks till the BIG ride.

So what have I been up to in preparation?

Well, thankfully the weather has finally decided to play ball and we have had some nice dry sunny weather. Temperatures have peaked at 15deg here but that is absolutely fine with me! I actually don't want any warmer right now, I don't know how to hydrate properly at anything higher since I've never been there! lol

I've even bought shorts!

and the forecast changes back to rain.......lol

But this week has been a good one training wise. Much needed miles have been pedalled :)

Monday saw me with Gary, Zoe and Rob taking in the first 20 miles of the Way of the Roses. I rode the 10 miles from Caton to Morecambe with Gary and met Zoe and Rob there. We rode the first 20 miles together before cycling the very windy 12 miles back to Caton where we parted company once more.

That ride was worth every minute. We got to tackle the first of the bigger hills, just outside Caton and both Zoe and I managed it just fine :) So it gave us a huge boost to know that we can indeed manage the hills and although we may take it steady, we may have to have a breather but we will get there!

And.....since Monday I have completed 120 miles. That is the kind of mileage I have been needing. Finally the weather played ball and I grabbed that one with both hands.

Busy weekend of working means no more miles for a few days but I'm happy with where I am at the moment. I know I will be sore and stiff but I can live with that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment